Big-Bass

St. Croix LE vs. LXtreme and Avid (upgrades 2017)

Now that the new St. Croix Legend Elite rods are out for some time with awesome reviews and fishing specific Fuji Torzite guides, does anyone see a makeover of the Legend Xtreme or standard Avid series for 2017?  I noticed that the new Xtremes have the Kigan hook holder of the 2016 LE (the Legend Xtremes for some time had no hook holders) so I wonder if there are new models in the works?  I know the Avid X is available but the standard Avid has been a bread-and-butter model for so many years and I wonder if they will freshen it up a bit and upgrade it for the upcoming year.  Also, the Legend Tournament series is due for an upgrade.  Any thoughts?  Thanks and best wishes on the water!!!

St. Croix upgrade news seems to come out sooner to icast than others. If I had to guess, I would guess the LTB would be the next to be upgraded. The Xtreme would make sense to get an upgrade but with the LTB being so "out dated" I think it would be on their short list of upgrades this year.

The Avid was upgraded with the introduction of the Avid X as an alternative. I don't think anything new will happen there. 

On 11/28/2016 at 8:26 AM, Dwight Hottle said:

The Avid was upgraded with the introduction of the Avid X as an alternative. I don't think anything new will happen there. 

I hope not! If they change the regular avids I will be spending a fortune to stockpile the current version.