been looking for a 6'10"-7'3" mh fast action casting rod lately to replace my worn out cherrywood hd (a missing guide from wear/tear and missing  insert on the tip from an accident fishing with a buddy)

the st croix bass x is on the high end of my budget but ive heard alot of great things about st croix so i was wondering is anyone could tell me anything about the rod. particularly the durability.

this rod will have 15-20lb mono on it at all times and will be the one that i use most so definitely need something that will last a while. 

my second choice would be an abu garcia vendetta so also would like to hear about it.

The Bass X line just now came out so the durability isn't known yet but since its St. Croix it will probably be very good. And they also have a 5 year warranty on those so you can't go wrong. I just ordered 2 myself. My buddy has a Vendetta and he likes it. I would probably go with the Bass X if i were you. 

Cabelas has coupons for 25$ off any purchase over 100$.You could get a Mojo.

• Like 1

St Croix still has Rage and Avid Neo rods for 89$ plus free shipping.

I haven't tried the new Bass X rods yet, but I'm thinking of getting one for next season. If it were me though, I'd try to take advantage of that deal at Cabelas and step up to the Mojo. The difference between the blank materials makes a BIG difference in sensitivity and since you can get them for almost the same price, I'd go for the upgraded model.