Jigking

Shimano citica vs curado 200i

Which is better I am thinking of buying a used curado or a new citica if you have both please tell me what's better and if you have other reels that you think are better please let me know I'm looking for a reel around $150 that is good for jigs and Texas rigs . Thanks

Welcome to BR.  I'm fairly new too. I'm assuming your'e referring to both the Curado I and Citica I.  Let me assure you up front that these two reels are basically identical.  Only difference is between their bearings.  If your'e fishing freshwater the difference isn't important.  Spool weight is identical.  They're both excellent reels.  Citica can be had close to 100.00 on the bay.

• Like 1

Both solid reels. As said above the I series citica and curado are almost identical except for the bearings. They both perform well in fresh water the curado will hold up better in the salt. The citica line does not offer the 70 series. Which is my favorite sized reel in the shimano line. Worth a look. If I were fishing fresh water and I wanted a 200 sized reel, I'd no hesitation in opting for the citica. 

They are the same exact reel.  Only difference is the heat side spoil bearing is an antirust bearing.  For the additional $30 bucks you could improve your Citica with a full set of Boca Bearings or the performance bearing of your choice.

also, if you want a slightly slower but more powerful reel for throwing big lipped cranks/big blade baits like large Mepps spinners and spinnerbaits, the Curado is offered in the 5.5 gear ratio (the 200i PG)

I have the Curado 200i PG and its amazing. I got it for the above reasons.

also I believe the spool on the curado is double anodized.