Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hogsticker

New Build / Combo

Recommended Posts

I'm still drooling all over my new set up. Point Blank 7' medium fast. Fuji Titanium Alconites spiral wrapped. Alps Tex Touch reel seat, left the insert out - Lot's of blank access here! Carbon fiber and Eva mix handle. Matt black checks and rings to match the finish on the reel of course. Fuji ultra poly metallic thread. STEEZ SV. This is crazy light with some good power. Must get to the lake soon! 

20170323_130518.jpg

20170323_130355.jpg

20170323_130120.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks great, your accents really finish it off!  Can't zoom in well enough to see clearly - what did you finish off the seat with in front?  Is it an aluminum check?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that handle design. Sometimes that style can look sort of "tacky" or "JDM knockoffish," but I really like this and it looks like it would be comfortable to hold and cast. Your guy does nice work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, flechero said:

looks great, your accents really finish it off!  Can't zoom in well enough to see clearly - what did you finish off the seat with in front?  Is it an aluminum check?

Yep, winding check 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not to sound critisizing , but why didn;t you just utilize a full one piece rear grip , looks like you put on two different split grips .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Bait Fishing said:

not to sound critisizing , but why didn;t you just utilize a full one piece rear grip , looks like you put on two different split grips .

Because I like the look. Fishes like a full grip as in I can still make 2 handed casts, yet has some style to it. I don't want to take credit for the design as I stole it from the Archangel, but you'd be surprised how many people have followed suit after I did this the 1st time. That's why it's a custom I reckon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hogsticker said:

Because I like the look. Fishes like a full grip as in I can still make 2 handed casts, yet has some style to it. I don't want to take credit for the design as I stole it from the Archangel, but you'd be surprised how many people have followed suit after I did this the 1st time. That's why it's a custom I reckon. 

cool. everyone has their own take ! you like full grips , i like minimal grips :D

IMAG1220.jpg

IMAG1222.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, Big Bait, that is indeed a minimal grip. And a very long handle. Tru Oil?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, .ghoti. said:

Wow, Big Bait, that is indeed a minimal grip. And a very long handle. Tru Oil?

the phone camera makes it look two feet long ! it is actually 15'' from the back of the reel seat , and yes blue burl cork with Tru-Oil , i used to love eva but from now on i will always have burl cork on my new rod builds !!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Delaware Valley Tackle said:

15" is still a mighty long handle. What kind of rod is it?

Phenix Ultra MBX 707ML

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why guys have custom rods made. I could never use a rod with a handle that long. But if that's what you prefer, a custom rod may be the only way you can get it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's my love of custom rods and why i will NEVER buy a stock rod , i laugh to myself when i see pics of other peoples rods with short (9-11'') handles and wonder how anyone fish those rods !! my other casting and spinning rod have 16'' handles , my swimbait rod has an 18'' handle ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing forum

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×