Ski213

For you RES guys

Lipless cranks have been one of my go to baits for years but I'm relatively new to the RES. 

Ive noticed that all the RES I have tend to ride up on their side pretty frequently to the point they want to come up real shallow.  Next cast they run fine. 

Just to to be clear, I'm not knocking them at all, just wondering if this is the nature of the beast. They've been fairly productive for me. 

Like during the whole retrieve or just at the end? How fast are you running them?

I've never had that problem very often, but the 2 other recent threads on RES got me thinking about it. I fish lipless cranks a lot & use RES about 90-95% of the time. 

I've had 1 doing that swimming sideways thing the last few trips. I've been fishing a pond with a bunch of that stringy & soupy moss/muck that gets stuck on your bait & won't come off. I finally starting getting lazy & starting slapping my RES on the surface to clear the slime. That's when it started doing the sideways swimming. My guess is I inadvertently lodged some of BBs. Now that they're stuck, the bait is off balance. It doesn't take much to unbalance a RES either. I fished with a new one today & the tiniest bit of that slime would get it swimming to the side a bit. 

My cure, I'm gonna quit smacking em on the surface to clear weeds & debris. With the one I got swimming off balance I might do what was suggested in the other thread - wrap it in a towel and whack it on a hard surface to dislodge the stuck BBs. 

• Like 1

Aruku Shads are much better but the paint job does not last but they go through grass pretty good.

Whole retrieve. Retrieve speed varies. I'm not crawling it but I'm not ripping it either. 

Crap I didn't see the recent threads on this. Prob should have used the search feature before posting. My bad. Mods feel free to just delete this topic. 

I havent experienced it but mostly   I use them off-shore on the bottom .