Sign in to follow this  
Brett's_daddy

Yo-Zuri Topknot

Has anybody used the Yo-Zuri Topknot fluorocarbon line? It seems like a good deal and says extreme abrasion resistance which is what I'd like.

I just ordered a bunch since it's BOGO on Tacklewarehouse till the end of the month.  I'll actually be able to use it in a couple weeks and will share my findings after.

3 hours ago, Brett's_daddy said:

Has anybody used the Yo-Zuri Topknot fluorocarbon line? It seems like a good deal and says extreme abrasion resistance which is what I'd like.

I've been looking to purchase some new line. Floro is a lot of money. I really want to drop to floro more this fishing season. Before you purchase this line. Look in to these 2 Floro lines..

Seaguar Red Label and Sunline Super. Both of these lines are 15 bucks for 200yds. Before spooling the Floro, make sure to use mono backing 1st, then add the floro line. You can spool 3 reels with 1 200 yd spool.. Hope this helps.

7 minutes ago, DBL000006 said:

Before spooling the Floro, make sure to use mono backing 1st, then add the floro line.

I have never heard of this, what's the reasoning? I have heard of backing braid with mono to prevent slipping but now there are some spools coming out that say you don't need to do that anymore and can spool braid straight on.

3 minutes ago, Brett's_daddy said:

I have never heard of this, what's the reasoning? I have heard of backing braid with mono to prevent slipping but now there are some spools coming out that say you don't need to do that anymore and can spool braid straight on.

Backing with Mono saves you Money on top of the line Floro line. You spool mono half way then spool the Floro on. Everyone does it and if you don't, it's more money leaving your wallet.

1 hour ago, DBL000006 said:

I've been looking to purchase some new line. Floro is a lot of money. I really want to drop to floro more this fishing season. Before you purchase this line. Look in to these 2 Floro lines..

Seaguar Red Label and Sunline Super. Both of these lines are 15 bucks for 200yds. Before spooling the Floro, make sure to use mono backing 1st, then add the floro line. You can spool 3 reels with 1 200 yd spool.. Hope this helps.

That Top Knot comes out to about $6 a 200 yd spool on TW right now (2 fer 1 deal).  Lasts till the 31st.