Sign in to follow this  
Glenn

The Booyah Prank

Got a sneek peak look at this a few days ago at the Classic.  There's some cool unique things this bait does that you can't do with anything else.

I picked up a couple at the Bassmaster Classic, Acadamy booth - what is the recommended line I should tie this on and should I just use the traditional loop knot for Topwaters or use a snap?

2 hours ago, jlehman@ruggedgear.com said:

I picked up a couple at the Bassmaster Classic, Acadamy booth - what is the recommended line I should tie this on and should I just use the traditional loop knot for Topwaters or use a snap?

I am going to fish it on mono or braid tied direct to the line tie. 

• Like 1

Anyone have a video of it in action? I've never been one on the bleeding edge of innovation, but with how well the Whopper Plopper did for me last year I may jump on this early too. 

@Bluebasser86 posted a video.The thread is just a few posts down.

9 minutes ago, smr913 said:

Anyone have a video of it in action? I've never been one on the bleeding edge of innovation, but with how well the Whopper Plopper did for me last year I may jump on this early too. 

7 hours ago, smr913 said:

There's a video in this thread.

10 hours ago, jlehman@ruggedgear.com said:

what is the recommended line I should tie this on and should I just use the traditional loop knot for Topwaters or use a snap?

If using mono, 10lb up to 15lb will work fine. You can also use 20lb braid with a 12lb mono leader.

No loop knot or snap is needed as you tie directly to the split ring.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 10:02 AM, jlehman@ruggedgear.com said:

I had a blast fishing the prank this weekend 6/25/17 tackle I used 14LB mono tied directly to split ring It's a great tool .

Funny how the old becomes new again. Sinking plugs with spinners were popular years ago, then reinvented as the Spy bait.

Now we have the Prank. How many of you remember the Creek Chub Pop-n-Dunk from over 70 years ago? 

http://finandflame.com/tag/creek-chub-pop-n-dunk-lure/