What kind of points do bass use in the Spring . Long tapering points or a short point that drops off fast into deep water? Also will they be on the shallow side of the lake or close to deep water ?  GodBless & Thanks for your Help

Any and all or some or none depending on the body of water. 

• Like 3

Define spring; March 20 to June 19 2017 or the spawn cycle?

If you are asking about the annual bass spawning migration from deeper to shallower water then points are a major staging location.

Pre spawn bass use points as a structure element to feed on baitfish and crawdads if the point has a prey source. The longer more sloping points that end into a river or creek channel are usually good during the early transition period. As the bass move shallower into bays or coves the points located close bye or secondary points that divide a creek arm or make up the entry to a spawning area become a good location for the female bass to hold on before and after making egg laying trips to bed sites. Shady sides offer concealment, sunny sides offer warmth, trail and error to determine where the bass are active.

Tom

• Like 2

pre and post spawn i generally find them on secondary points. That is points between mainlake points and spawning areas. After that I'm looking at main lake points. I like rocky, long tapered points, personally.

• Like 1

on my home lake which is predominantly a spotted bass lake.....secondary points are the ticket for me, especially if they have rocks and/or stumps. you can almost call your shots when the wind is blowing in on them.

that being said, YOU must find the good ones (points), in the good creeks, yourself. not all will hold fish. some will only contain "sweet spots", others will be good one day and empty the next. good luck!