BigAngus752

Advice on Lowrance

We are looking at a boat this weekend (our first real fishing boat) and it comes new with a less-than-desirable Lowrance Hook 3 on the dash and nothing at the bow.  I would like something just a tad better on the console that will network with something nice at the bow.  I think a Hook 4 will fit in the same space as the Hook 3 and I'd like to buy another Lowrance unit for the bow.  Does anyone know if I can network a nicer Lowrance unit with the Hook 4?  Any suggestions on a Lowrance unit for the bow?  I want to network the two so that when I'm sitting at the bow and set a waypoint it will show up on the console unit.  

If something I've written here is stupid please bear with me.  Like I said, we are shore fishers getting our first new boat.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

I believe the Hook series are stand alone units. can not be networked. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 11:50 AM, BigAngus752 said:

We are looking at a boat this weekend (our first real fishing boat) and it comes new with a less-than-desirable Lowrance Hook 3 on the dash and nothing at the bow.  I would like something just a tad better on the console that will network with something nice at the bow.  I think a Hook 4 will fit in the same space as the Hook 3 and I'd like to buy another Lowrance unit for the bow.  Does anyone know if I can network a nicer Lowrance unit with the Hook 4?  Any suggestions on a Lowrance unit for the bow?  I want to network the two so that when I'm sitting at the bow and set a waypoint it will show up on the console unit.  

If something I've written here is stupid please bear with me.  Like I said, we are shore fishers getting our first new boat.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

For what it's worth if you're still looking at the Trackers the 175TXW comes with a HOOK 4X. The 195TXW tourney edition comes with 2 HOOK 5's with GPS.