david in va

lets hear from the Virginia guys

Man is it just me or is everyone catching the devil out of Bass. I mean the bite is on in all the ponds and lakes around here. O have not been to Bugs , Briery or Sandy[ working 5 and a half days a week] but they are killing a deep water 1 oz black minnow with a willow blade

only one treble hook in all the farm ponds I fish.

If anyone knows what the name of this lure is let me know, I have no idea where I got it

minnow 001 (640x478).jpg

Having good time in Fredericksburg, fishing  motts,  ni, and  hunnington run resavoirs.power bait  worms, strike king 1.5 kvd crank  baits  and the rage bug pls the  rage  cut-r-worm.

Been fishing a few local places here in Central VA.  Success has been spotty as far as big fish goes but i did get a 6lb 2oz one last weekend.  I feel like it is starting to pick up a little.....figures since i am on vacation next week and then the next one i start back to school on wednesday.  I am thinking of hitting briery or Sandy on Tuesday before i go back to school though.  

Been way too hot to take the boat out.

Caught a three and a half pounder out of the lake by my house.

Hope to get out week of August 21st after the storm passes and the waters clean up.

• Like 1

I'm around Virginia Beach and can't seem to catch a thing. I'm talking 1 or 2 fish a trip is a success, and from literally every other person I have talked to at the ramp when I've gone out, they didn't do much better. I've hit up the Suffolk reservoirs about 10 times now this summer, with fewer bass to show for it. This is my first summer down here so I don't expect to kill 'em when it's the heat of the summer and I don't know the lakes at all and have no electronics but man it's been rough. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:53 AM, MassYak85 said:

I'm around Virginia Beach and can't seem to catch a thing. I'm talking 1 or 2 fish a trip is a success, and from literally every other person I have talked to at the ramp when I've gone out, they didn't do much better. I've hit up the Suffolk reservoirs about 10 times now this summer, with fewer bass to show for it. This is my first summer down here so I don't expect to kill 'em when it's the heat of the summer and I don't know the lakes at all and have no electronics but man it's been rough. 

Timing is very important in the Suffolk lakes.  Pick the right spot at the right time and it's lights-out.  It took almost 25 lbs. to win the tournament on Prince Sunday.  Second was 20 and there were either 5 or 6 bags over 18 lbs.  You are correct, it can be brutal, but the longer you fish them the more you know.  Keep at it and good luck!

By the way, the Northwest River, North Landing River, Back Bay and all the rivers in NC have been very hot lately.  Check out Bob's Fishing Hole on the 'net or FB for the latest action.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 0:18 PM, VAHunter said:

Timing is very important in the Suffolk lakes.  Pick the right spot at the right time and it's lights-out.  It took almost 25 lbs. to win the tournament on Prince Sunday.  Second was 20 and there were either 5 or 6 bags over 18 lbs.  You are correct, it can be brutal, but the longer you fish them the more you know.  Keep at it and good luck!

By the way, the Northwest River, North Landing River, Back Bay and all the rivers in NC have been very hot lately.  Check out Bob's Fishing Hole on the 'net or FB for the latest action.

Just be sure to have a North Carolina fishing license to fish the NC rivers and lakes.

Better to be safe than sorry.