J.C

Quantum Pulse Baitcasting Combo??

Hi all, I am in the market for a baitcaster and being a teenager on a budget I took a look at the Quantum Pulse Baitcasting combo and it felt pretty smooth in my hands and not as cheap as I imagined (but again I'm new to this). Has anyone purchased one of these or know if they are any good?  I know it wont be as good as a Lews, Abu, or a Shimano but is it worth a shot to give it a try??

Thanks in advance!:D

If it feels good to you give it a shot, its not like you'll be dropping 100 bucks on it so if you can get 1-2 full seasons out of it I call that a win

• Like 1

The Abu Garcia Black Max combo is universally considered the best entry level baitcaster combo.

I don't have experience with it but many do and agree its the way to go in that price range.

Quantum has a spotted past for reliability, and although a reel may feel great when new the mark of a good reel is how it performs after extended use. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the help I appreciate it! I decided not to pull the trigger on the combo and I'm going to build up my own setup. So far I bought myself the 7' MH lightning rod and am saving for the reel and the braid. Any thoughts of what is a good reel to get for around $100 and what is a ideal lb test of braid?

Thanks

Daiwa Tatula C T hands down best reel for under $100

• Like 1