Quarry Man

Costa Del Mar

Received my Costa 400G Green Mirror Hamlin's today. Still waiting on the Blue Mirror ones. First impressions were ok, they are really big, but fit well when pulled tight to my face. the large lenses allow me to see with no restrictions, but they make me look like a bug. Also the Green Mirror lenses are not really a mirror, you can still see in through the glasses. Might try to get a Cost Strap (https://www.costadelmar.com/us/en/men/clothing-and-accessories/gifts-and-accessories/costa-strap/STRAP.html?dwvar_STRAP_color=BLK&cgid=mens-clothing-accessory) to keep them tight on my face. If i am not impressed by the Blue Mirror ones, I may go to the store and try on the Rooster. Would get one in Blue and in Green.

Are 580G more of a mirror?

Why don't the green mirror seem like a true mirror, when i look at other people with blue costas, they are very reflective?

Is having a bigger sense worth the looser fit?

Should i return the Hamlin's?

Do you think the rooster would be better?

Anything else?

59 minutes ago, Quarry Man said:

Also the Green Mirror lenses are not really a mirror, you can still see in through the glasses.

Are 580G more of a mirror?

Why don't the green mirror seem like a true mirror, when i look at other people with blue costas, they are very reflective?

Are you looking at them through the front without wearing them?  I have a pair of Green Mirror 580G Fantails and have friends with various Blue/Green Mirror 400G/580G lenses.  None of them will have a mirror-like reflection when looking at them through the front while holding them, but all of them will have a mirror-like reflection while on the wearer's face.

59 minutes ago, Quarry Man said:

First impressions were ok, they are really big, but fit well when pulled tight to my face. the large lenses allow me to see with no restrictions, but they make me look like a bug. If i am not impressed by the Blue Mirror ones, I may go to the store and try on the Rooster.

Is having a bigger sense worth the looser fit?

Should i return the Hamlin's?

Do you think the rooster would be better?

I would absolutely recommend going to the store and trying on every frame that interests you and then choosing the one that fits you the best.  If you want to order them online to get a better price, so be it, but Costas aren't cheap either way and I think it's important to get a pair that fits you well.  You really shouldn't have to be consciously pulling them tight to your face, that probably means they're too big.  Try and find a frame thats is both all-around comfortable to wear and that forms a good "seal" around your eyes and doesn't let light in around the edges.  To me, looks are secondary to those two things.  FYI, Costa classifies Hamlins as an "XL" frame and Roosters as an "L" frame.  Fantails fit me the best, but they may be too small for you since they are an "M" frame.  Whichever store you go to, they'll usually all have a brochure with the sizing information.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nstec said:

Are you looking at them through the front without wearing them?  I have a pair of Green Mirror 580G Fantails and have friends with various Blue/Green Mirror 400G/580G lenses.  None of them will have a mirror-like reflection when looking at them through the front while holding them, but all of them will have a mirror-like reflection while on the wearer's face.

I would absolutely recommend going to the store and trying on every frame that interests you and then choosing the one that fits you the best.  If you want to order them online to get a better price, so be it, but Costas aren't cheap either way and I think it's important to get a pair that fits you well.  You really shouldn't have to be consciously pulling them tight to your face, that probably means they're too big.  Try and find a frame thats is both all-around comfortable to wear and that forms a good "seal" around your eyes and doesn't let light in around the edges.  To me, looks are secondary to those two things.  FYI, Costa classifies Hamlins as an "XL" frame and Roosters as an "L" frame.  Fantails fit me the best, but they may be too small for you since they are an "M" frame.  Whichever store you go to, they'll usually all have a brochure with the sizing information.

thanks for the help. they actually fit pretty well, Just a tad but big. I got them because they were only 60$ each and i needed new goggles. The lenses are huge, making it easier to use my peripheral vision.

I've got the Blokes in 580g and love them,  had the blackfins and they did nothing but fog,  I'm blaming that on my fat face sealing too tightly to them.

• Like 1

I love my Hamilton's in 580g blue mirror. I like the Blokes. I need to try a pair of those on to see how they feel.