GoneFishingLTN

Odd question

Also this, from a 2009 interview:

"I'll usually have a jig, a spinnerbait, a buzzbait, some type of worm - whether it be a trick worm or a ribbon-tail worm - and maybe a small-profile soft plastic bait like a Zoom Super Hog tied on," Morgan said. "Now I even incorporate a swimbait into that. And I'll have a shaky-head worm rigged up on a spinning rod. I'll have five or six things out that I like to throw or like to fish. Basically, with those baits you can fish shallow, deep and everything in between."

"I have great confidence in going out and not knowing where I'm going or what I'm going to use," Morgan said. "I have those five or six baits that I can use that I'm 100 percent confident in. But it takes time to develop that confidence in your baits."

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GoneFishingLTN said:

This is probably a weird question but I heard Andy morgan mainly uses 4 techniques to cover all areas shallow and deep if needed and wonder what they could be?

If you think that is an odd question you should check out some of the other threads. They are down-right nutty. But its not unheard of to choose 4 or 5 basic baits and use those baits to cover all depths. I'm sure many fishermen do it and once they catch fish at a certain depth with a certain lure they then go about "fine-tuning" their presentation. Pro anglers do it nowadays to reduce the chance of overthinking which can lead to an angler "spinning out" or getting so frustrated that they lose focus. If you ever listen to pro anglers after a particularly bad tournament they will tell you they threw every lure at them but couldn't buy a bite. Its a good example of getting "spun out". Sometimes simplification is the way to go. Pros are starting to use this method more and more. 

Well over 90 percent of my bass come from four categories . Texas rigs , crankbaits , buzzbaits and spinnerbaits .  I  think every bass I caught last year came on one  of them.