kj21

First set of Real Electronics

Good evening, 

I am looking for advice on putting electronics on my bass tracker to fish tournaments this year.

I am interested in the helix 7s and want one at the wheel and one on the bow. 

I want to be able to auto chart live and connect to the front unit so i can see what i charted.

I want side imaging at the wheel but do i need side imaging at the bow?

What is your reccommendation for make model size and capabilities for 2 units for someone who would like to save some money?

Thank you for all of your wisdom

I got a side imaging unit for the console and a down imaging unit only for the bow. They are networked together so If I really want to view side imaging on the bow I can view it from the rear transducer, and saved money in the process by not buying 2 SI units. I'm not very experienced with all this electronics stuff yet but I think what I did is what a lot of other people do as well.

• Like 1

With the Helix units you'll need the Gen.2 to be able to network and unfortunately you can't auto-chart on the rear unit and see it on the front unit. You'd have to save it to a zero line card and put it into the front unit. 

On 1/17/2018 at 7:21 AM, 12poundbass said:

With the Helix units you'll need the Gen.2 to be able to network and unfortunately you can't auto-chart on the rear unit and see it on the front unit. You'd have to save it to a zero line card and put it into the front unit. 

Not all Gen 2 helix 7’s are networkable. Has to be g2n. For the same money buy gen 1 9’s and upgrade the si transducer to the hdsi and you will be much happier 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, redbirdsfan44 said:

Not all Gen 2 helix 7’s are networkable. Has to be g2n. For the same money buy gen 1 9’s and upgrade the si transducer to the hdsi and you will be much happier 

You are absolutely right, I knew that but still forgot to put that very expensive N in the name.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THfishing said:

Can the Helix units share your Navionics card? Or do you need a card for each unit?

I'm pretty sure Helix no Onix and Solix yes

5 hours ago, 12poundbass said:

I'm pretty sure Helix no Onix and Solix yes

That’s correct. Helix units will require a map card in each unit even when a network is established. Solix and onix units will share maps. I’m not sure about map sharing with navionics map cards but definitely with lakemaster. 

13 hours ago, 12poundbass said:

You are absolutely right, I knew that but still forgot to put that very expensive N in the name.

“I’d like to buy an N, Pat” 

that will be $100

• Like 1