I have an assortment of vintage setups. One in particular is an old Orvis spinning reel. This reel can be heard 20 feet away when reeling. Strangely, (well beyond coincidence or blind luck) bluegill, oscar, and bass will readily hit it. I can have the same lure and line on a quiet reel at the same time (before and after using the noisy reel) and nothing will hit. I can only attribute this to vibrations carried through the line to the lure. Any one else experienced this?  Also, the location is the same and so are the fish. (small creek next to me) I have had the same results time and time again. 

• Like 1

I have not.  But my suggestion is to record it with high end mics, analyze the freqs, patterns, etc.....get storage device, an underwater transmitter of sorts...and run to a patent office.  I'll take 7%

• Haha 2

It sounds kind of absurd . Are you using braid ? That might transmit vibrations from rough reels ?

4 minutes ago, scaleface said:

It sounds kind of absurd . Are you using braid ? That might transmit vibrations from rough reels ?

6lb berkley mono. It's either line vibrations or the elderly neighbor (long since deceased) who gave it to my Father, who passed it on to me, put some kind of magical joo joo on it.

• Like 1