Jump to content
Topwaterdog

6'7" Med/Xfast, how would you use it?

Recommended Posts

 What he said minus the squarebills.

 

Though the brand and blank design could add more techniques if we had that info

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Topwater and jerks with the right line and drag settings. Weightless plastics like senkos and flukes, light trigs, lighter jigs like 3/16 oz. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Finnz922 said:

 What he said minus the squarebills.

 

Though the brand and blank design could add more techniques if we had that info

I can give you a hint, I'm not allowed to mention this brand on this forum.

18 minutes ago, kschultz76 said:

Topwater and jerks with the right line and drag settings. Weightless plastics like senkos and flukes, light trigs, lighter jigs like 3/16 oz. 

Could you elaborate a bit on which line you would choose for treble hook baits? Would you go mono?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Topwaterdog said:

I can give you a hint, I'm not allowed to mention this brand on this forum.

Could you elaborate a bit on which line you would choose for treble hook baits? Would you go mono?

With a m/Xfast rod def mono or copoly with topwater or jerkbaits, and a properly set drag. 

 

With the specific rod you’re talking about I’m not sure how well it will handle those lures. It’s def not a squarebill rod.

 

I know how a St Croix M/XF does handle topwater and jerkbaits, it’s tip is super light and responsive.  If you’ve get a stiffer tip then it won’t get the action you need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotcha. I've played with that rod in a store. For me it's not a squarebill rod, but who knows maybe it would work. I would play around with shakeyheads and open hook tubes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, kschultz76 said:

With a m/Xfast rod def mono or copoly with topwater or jerkbaits, and a properly set drag. 

 

With the specific rod you’re talking about I’m not sure how well it will handle those lures. It’s def not a squarebill rod.

 

I know how a St Croix M/XF does handle topwater and jerkbaits, it’s tip is super light and responsive.  If you’ve get a stiffer tip then it won’t get the action you need. 

Ok, word. This kind of bums me out because there was a st. croix mojo on 50% discount for the same price, with the same specs. I probably should have gone with that one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DD jerkbaits in early spring is what I use mine for, after that top waters and some swimbaits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×