LCG

Plano 3601 availability in Ontario

This is going sound odd, but I am looking for Plano 3601 boxes here in Ontario, Canada. The thin version of the 3600 boxes. 

I have searched Walmart, Canadian Tire, Sails, Bass Pro, local tackle shops... Nothing. 

Does anyone know a place that stocks these?

I know tackle warehouse has them, but its $25 shipping plus duties, which is a bit much for boxes :)

The closest I've found is from Cabelas. They are 0.5'' thicker than the 3601, so I'm not sure if that'll work for you. I bought mine from the Barrie store but you can get them online as well. 

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/63592/cabelas-prolatch-utility-box-by-plano-4-pack

Hope this helps!

Appreciate the response, pretty much same size I have now. The quest continues... 

Dicks sports 

Not sure if Canada has DicksSports...

Keep checking amazon.ca....they pop on there from time to time being sold by Amazon. That is where I got my last 4 and they were cheap.

I am guessing that you already tried Bass City and Pro J?

You mentioned checking Basspro but did you ask them to bring some in for you? I had the store down by me bring in some Pro-Tec powder paint that the store doesn't sell but the website does. It took a couple of weeks but it arrived.

1 hour ago, iabass8 said:

Dicks sports 

Not sure if Canada has DicksSports...

Sadly....no DicksSports in Canada. They won't ship here either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luke G. said:

Appreciate the response, pretty much same size I have now. The quest continues...

Luke, I'd suggest you go to the source - just call Plano.  I suspect they will at least tell you who distributes their products in Canada, and probably where to get the version you are looking for.

9 minutes ago, Mumbly said:

Sadly....no DicksSports in Canada. They won't ship here either.

I'm aware of this and this is truly unfortunate.  Nobody holds a tackle clearance sale like DSG (except maybe Walmart in the US).  

13 hours ago, Mumbly said:

You mentioned checking Basspro but did you ask them to bring some in for you?

I spoke with a manager at bass pro in Niagara on the lake and they can order them. Say what you will about bass pro but they have always been good with customer service. Looks like I will have to take a day trip to bass pro... No way I am going to end up leaving with just boxes. :)

• Like 1