Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey Guys looking to buy a portable live well for fishing tournaments I will be getting a g3 1860 cct dlx the live well on the boat is 15" x 20" 14 gallons looks small it holds maybe 3 bass so I am looking to buy a live well for fishing tournaments in my boat that will hold 2 or 3 bass and A live well for my hobie pa14 as well ? . If anyone has a g3 1860 cct dlx I would like to hear your opinion on the boat . Thank you Bobby F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my buddy's tracker had a really small livewell in it as well, we used something like this https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/johnson-pump-ice-chest-aerator and a chest cooler to supplement the regular one, especially on really hot days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have any issue with 10 in my 30 gal. livewell.  Those ten can be anywhere between 30-35 lbs. on average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to have the G3 1756.  It had the 14 gallon live well, it does look small but I never had trouble keeping 5 fish alive during a tournament.  It also worked fine for keeping live shrimp when I was salt water fishing(shrimp are pretty fragile to).  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think most kayak tournaments use measure length and release vs livewell kept bass. Remember water weighs 8 lb per gallon + the battery weight to operate a aeration pump. The object is releasing healthy live bass, not just keeping them wet.

A weighted stringer lip clipped and kept in the water works best for the bass.

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Hobie PA14 is darn near a small boat, lol.  They make a livewell for that boat, but a cooler with a pump that fits the tankwell will work too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2018 at 10:29 AM, J Francho said:

A Hobie PA14 is darn near a small boat, lol.  They make a livewell for that boat, but a cooler with a pump that fits the tankwell will work too.

Hey J Francho  I didn't explain that to well Portable live well for tournaments in my g3  and smaller one for live bait when i use hobbie for salt water. 

On 2/2/2018 at 10:12 AM, WRB said:

I would think most kayak tournaments use measure length and release vs livewell kept bass. Remember water weighs 8 lb per gallon + the battery weight to operate a aeration pump. The object is releasing healthy live bass, not just keeping them wet.

A weighted stringer lip clipped and kept in the water works best for the bass.

Tom

Hey Tom I like the way hobie tournaments do it take a pic and release . 

 

 

 

 

On 2/2/2018 at 9:04 AM, mllrtm79 said:

my buddy's tracker had a really small livewell in it as well, we used something like this https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/johnson-pump-ice-chest-aerator and a chest cooler to supplement the regular one, especially on really hot days. 

Thanks Mllrtm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bobby F said:

Hey J Francho  I didn't explain that to well Portable live well for tournaments in my g3  and smaller one for live bait when i use hobbie for salt water.

I'd bet it would be easy to buy one pump setup, and rotate between a big cooler and a smaller one for your kayak.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×