Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey peoples, I need 2 carbontex drag washers for my quantum smoke SL100HPT reels. Anyone know where I can get some? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick search turned up smoothdrag and ebay.  Personally I get mine when I have my reels cleaned and/or upgraded.  :teeth:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, new2BC4bass said:

A quick search turned up smoothdrag and ebay.  Personally I get mine when I have my reels cleaned and/or upgraded.  :teeth:

Thank you, I do my own services so that's my dilemma 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They make and sell carbontex drag washers for all kinds of reels. These are the ones most people purchase. 

 

http://smoothdrag.com-u.us/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rippin-lips said:

They make and sell carbontex drag washers for all kinds of reels. These are the ones most people purchase. 

 

http://smoothdrag.com-u.us/

Can't find the one I need there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawn, at Smooth Drag is a really fine lady and very helpful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Measure it, compare that to the list.  If it isn't there, call Dawn @ Smooth drags, I bet she hooks you up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got mine from there to upgrade two old curados. quick shipment, no problems, and a big improvement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J Francho said:

Nothing really measured up, I need...

OEM

Outter 30.5mm

Inner 19.75mm

Thickness 1.45mm

It's a ceramic drag washer, so I might be able to get away with 46B?

46B

Outter 30.42mm

Inner 12.4mm

Thickness 1mm

But will the difference thickness pose a big issue? Or could I double up on the washers? 

21 minutes ago, OnthePotomac said:

Dawn, at Smooth Drag is a really fine lady and very helpful.

I called her, very very nice sweet lady :) she didn't have anything for my reel though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Quantum is out of the part as well.  You might try calling them to see when they'll get it back in.  Otherwise, you might have to trim a washer from the current size list.  I've done it before, it's not too hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, J Francho said:

Looks like Quantum is out of the part as well.  You might try calling them to see when they'll get it back in.  Otherwise, you might have to trim a washer from the current size list.  I've done it before, it's not too hard.

I called them, they are sending me a couple, but I'd still rather the carbontex. I'm fine trimming the washer, but there's enough room for the 46B washer to fit, I just need to know if going from a 1.45mm to 1mm is going to cause any issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×