i ordered a turnkey rod building kit from Mudhole.com 

(everything to build a rod)

and in that package i got the eyes but no clue how far to put each one from eachother....

how do i start? and how far should i put them apart?

7' spinning rod, 2 piece.

thank you!

Mudhole should have guide layouts but I suggest you research the new guide concept and the Fuji kr concept down the road. 

12 minutes ago, EvanT123 said:

Mudhole should have guide layouts but I suggest you research the new guide concept and the Fuji kr concept down the road. 

this pack didnt

You live in Wash. St. and order from Mudhole? For real? I would ask Mudhole.

Go to rodbuilding.org, select the library on the upper part of the page, that look for the articles on the New Guide Concept system and the Static Distribution guide layout system. The first is in the upper half of the articles if I remember right, the latter near the bottom. Everything you need to know to build any rod is in those articles.

After placing the guides on the blank per the chart instructions put line through them and stress the blank about 20% of its length and look at the angles the line makes at the guides and the path of the line through the first three guides. Looking  down the rod try to get a "bullseye" appearance with the first three as best you can.  Adjust the positions of the runners to get small, equal angles.  If you cannot acheive this, move the first guide out a little and retest.  If it still looks like the angles are too large, add a running guide.  Test cast, moving the first two guides up and down an inch or two.  

There are great articles on this topic, but at sources not allowed on the forum.