ChrisD46

P-Line CXX vs. Yo-Zuri Hybrid ?

Specifically looking at that #12 lb. ~ #15 lb. range for 3/8 oz. spinner baits , chatter baits & swim jigs on a bait cast reel . For those who have used both brands  - what would be your preference in terms of lowest stretch , manageability and strength / abrasion resistance  between the P-Line CXX and the Yo-Zuri Hybrid lines ? ... I will add using KVD line conditioner is fine (I have it on hand) .

*P.S. I'm not sure off hand how these two brand's lines compare in diameter in the pound test  range  in diameter I am interested in . I mention #12 lb. ~ #15 lb. as that would be the pound strength line I normally would throw such lures in reservoirs more associated with rock / gravel than wood / vegetation .. Thanks in advance for your replies !

I've used both and CXX isn't as limp as the YoZuri but from my experience I've had issues with both having pretty bad memory on them.  The CXX seems to get better as you use it and straightens out a lot and Line and Lure helps that too on both.  As much as I wanted to like YoZuri I just didn't like it.  I actually prefer P-Line CX Premium over both and it is more manageable than either of the other two and that is my go to line now.

I've used Yo-Zuri 6, 8, 10, 12, and 15. 

Currently, I use 8, 10, and 12 on treble hook combos.

I highly recommend using KVD line and lure; it just makes a such a huge difference with YZH

I don't recommend 15 for anything; even conditioned, its pretty unmanageable.  12# is plenty for anything I encountered.

Yo-Zuri Hybrid is MUCH more manageable, especially in colder weather.

:fishing-026:

Thanks for the replies , right or wrong - I thought of CXX more for flipping /  pitching applications or perhaps a C-Rig where I'm encountering more harsh conditions .

I have used CXX 10-12lb for spinnerbaits for years. Yes, it is a bit stiff, but it loosens up some after it gets wet.

Abrasion resistance is excellent and I fish rivers with a lot of shallow limestone and granite. Knot strength is also

very good. I generally tie an improved clinch knot and have no worries about failure. The line tests out a lot higher

than its rating. I have pulled in countless objects on 10lb that would have probably broken a lot of 15lb test line from

other manufacturers. The diameter is larger so that has a a lot to do with it. Stretch is low to moderate for a copolymer,

but with spinnerbaits it is not an issue.