nd1225

New Kistler Z-Bones

Any one any info leak out yet on the new Z-bones? Been waiting a while for them and am excited to hear any reviews or sneak peaks out there

I heard they're supposed to have red winn grips and will be priced lower than previous Z bones.  Not sure how reliable the info is.

8 minutes ago, RichF said:

I heard they're supposed to have red winn grips and will be priced lower than previous Z bones.  Not sure how reliable the info is.

That might kill their target market if some form of tradional cork/eva material isn't an option. I would skip the series based on the 'winn grip"

People buying high end rods are usually going to favor cork first. It is just the way it works or some sort of cork/foam combination. If this is the case I can't see sales going very well unless this drops the price by say $100 or something significant.

I agree.  I was actually disappointed that they got rid of the rubber/cork composite grips on the Heliums.  The Winns feel ok but they do somewhat "cheapen" the feel of the rod.

I read a post somewhere else referring to the red Winn grips, but I believe it was not confirmed that would be the production build. Those rods I believe were one of Kistler’s pro staff and it was thought they were possibly custom sticks made for that individual. 

Its possible theyd go to winn grips, they’ve done it on their less expensive offerings. But I agree if they move away from cork at that price point I wouldnt have much enthusiasm for the rods. Especially if they’re red. 

A friend of mine is on prostaff and I get most of my rods through him. He said that there is almost no info on the ZBones but will probably see them at the Classic. As for grips there was speculation that they would come with Red Winn Grips but also the new Helium 3 rods would come with Blue Winn Grips. I cannot confirm this as all is speculation.

3 hours ago, kschultz76 said:

I read a post somewhere else referring to the red Winn grips, but I believe it was not confirmed that would be the production build. Those rods I believe were one of Kistler’s pro staff and it was thought they were possibly custom sticks made for that individual. 

Its possible theyd go to winn grips, they’ve done it on their less expensive offerings. But I agree if they move away from cork at that price point I wouldnt have much enthusiasm for the rods. Especially if they’re red. 

Mark Rose uses ZBones with the red winn grips on the FLW tour.