TbendAngler

Humminbird Helix Help

Hey guys, just installed a Helix 10 SI MEGA today. Took it out and the water column is a little noisy. What did I do wrong? It’s this way even when the motor isn’t running. I’ve seen other screenshots and they were way clearer than this 

A1BA3785-B6C5-4480-8D79-295C4A444CC4.jpeg

I think you should read the manual and check your settings. That looks like the frequency needs to be adjusted. 

But isn’t the frequency the whole point to clarity of a Humminbird? The Mega frequency is supposed to provide a clearer image 

I'm FAR from the final word on this but have you gone into "simulator" mode and played around with it?  You can make many adjustments with it which MIGHT help you get a better picture.  Also, again NOT an expert but were you moving when in side imaging mode?  I think it helps to be moving to get a clearer picture.  If I'm wrong, I'm sure SOMEONE will correct me.  :  )

Where is transducer installed?  Can we get a side by side with standard sonar?  And yes, sitting at home with the graph in demo mode, and working through all the features is a must.

2 hours ago, Ratherbfishing said:

I'm FAR from the final word on this but have you gone into "simulator" mode and played around with it?  You can make many adjustments with it which MIGHT help you get a better picture.  Also, again NOT an expert but were you moving when in side imaging mode?  I think it helps to be moving to get a clearer picture.  If I'm wrong, I'm sure SOMEONE will correct me.  :  )

I’ll try playing with it in simulator mode! And yes I was moving at 4-6 mph when I took this. Thanks!

19 minutes ago, J Francho said:

Where is transducer installed?  Can we get a side by side with standard sonar?  And yes, sitting at home with the graph in demo mode, and working through all the features is a must.

I’ll try to get some pictures of the transducer location after work. And I’ll also get some screenshots the next time I’m on the water (hopefully tomorrow)

• Thanks 1

Don't be afraid of messing with settings on the water either. There is a "reset to factory settings" somewhere in the menus. 

On 3/7/2018 at 7:56 PM, TbendAngler said:

But isn’t the frequency the whole point to clarity of a Humminbird? The Mega frequency is supposed to provide a clearer image 

Derrr I meant distance not frequency.    You can choose your frequency as well though which could help.