FoulHooked

Shakey Head spinning rod

Looking for a midrange price point spinning rod for shakey heads.1/8 to 1/4 oz plus stickbait with 3/16 oz being the most common weight I throw. Wanting something in the 6'10 - 7'2" range in length with sensitivity being the most important selling point to me. Budget of around $150. Already have the reel that's going on it. Leaning toward the longer of the lengths I might add. Suggestions??

St. Croix Mojo Bass... third generation graphite blank at a bargain price.  I bought one and was completely impressed with it.

Tight lines,

Bob

• Like 1

I can't say enough good things about the Dobyns Sierra. Picked one up recently, it's without a doubt one of my most sensitive rods and wonderfully balanced. They run for $160-170, but if you can stretch your budget a bit I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The Sierras are nice and so is a Powell Inferno which would run around $100.

Another good rod to look at is a IRG712S Fred's Power Finesse from Irod.

17 hours ago, desmobob said:

St. Croix Mojo Bass... third generation graphite blank at a bargain price.  I bought one and was completely impressed with it.

Tight lines,

Bob

X2, great rods for the money. 

You can get a brand new Dobyns Sierra 703sf (7'0"  3/16-5/8oz) right now for $153.  Brand new, with a 10% off coupon through American Legacy Fishing's store through the ebay mobile app to your door on Tuesday.  Done and done.  Ordered mine last week when it was 20% off for $136 and arrives tomorrow!

I've got the 6'9 version in the 2 power (Dobyns Sierra 692sf) for dropshotting and love it. Works great for light jerkbaits as well.

11 minutes ago, JDV said:

You can get a brand new Dobyns Sierra 703sf (7'0"  3/16-5/8oz) right now for $153.  Brand new, with a 10% off coupon through American Legacy Fishing's store through the ebay mobile app to your door on Tuesday.  Done and done.  Ordered mine last week when it was 20% off for $136 and arrives tomorrow!

I've got the 6'9 version in the 2 power (Dobyns Sierra 692sf) for dropshotting and love it. Works great for light jerkbaits as well.

This ^^ I use the Sierra 703sf with a Shimano Sahara 2500 spooled with copoly Silver Thread AN40  6# and can throw a 1/16 Keitech  Tungsten Jig Head and a 3.5” Swing Impact a long way. Never had a problem.