Preytorien

Seaguar Tatsu Question

I bit the bullet last spring and spooled a couple of my finesse spinning rigs with Seaguar Tatsu in anticipation of really getting over my disdain for flourocarbon. I heard if you have flouro troubles, use Tatsu, it'll make all your wildest dreams come true. The fish literally throw themselves into your boat at the very sight of it. :lol:

Fast forward through an entire half of spring, all of summer, and first 2/3 of fall where my son (and my family) were in the Children's Hospital the entire time, and I only got to use those rigs about 3 times in total before we were admitted.

Those rigs all sat on the rod rack in my garage, out of sun, out of wind, rain, snow, etc. those several months with no use whatsoever. 

You think it's okay to use this year too?

I hope everyone is OK now. As far as the line, it will be fine with a little squirt of kvd line and lure.

• Like 1

I would pull the line off the reel for a good distance straight out, remove the bait then crank the line back on the reel while gripping the line between your fingers with a cotton ball soaked with KVD Line and Lure Conditioner. Once back on the reel, spray it with KVD and this should work to remove the "coiling" from being on the reel so long.  Thank you Lord for children's hospitals.

After being spooled on a spinning year for a year, it's most likely got a good bit of memory. You can try giving it a good shot of KVD L&L and see how it goes, but don't be surprised if it's very coily. 

28 minutes ago, Preytorien said:

You think it's okay to use this year too?

I am on my 3rd season with a spool of Tatsu.  I'm changing my 5 year old Invisx simply because it's getting low on the spool.  Hit them with KVD L&L the night before, and coils will be gone in ten minutes of fishing.

• Like 1

If you have a boat troll your line for ten minutes and you will think it's brand new.

:irish-080:

• Like 1