Big-Bass

Daiwa Goldcast spincast reels

Does anyone use these?  Or do you have them for your kids?  How are they?  I tried one today and I experienced two different retrieve styles/sounds.  With the lever that controls the back reeling pushed "up" toward the gold reel cover, the retrieve had a clicking retrieve similar to the sound of a clicking drag being pulled out.  With the back reeling on, or the lever being pulled back towards the rear of the reel, the retrieve was silent.  Both retrieves recovered line the same.  Is that normal for these reels?  Thanks for your help.

I have one that works the same way. Very nice reels for a spin casting reel. 

6 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I have one that works the same way. Very nice reels for a spin casting reel. 

Yours clicks as it is reeled in as well when the lever is pushed forward?  I wonder why they do that...I have never seen one that did that before.  But yes, they are built like a tank and very nice.  The one I got is made in Japan (got it at a fishing show I was at locally) so I don't know if that is current or a few years old.  It's basically brand new in box though.

I have a Goldcast GC-100. Great spincast reel and very solid. The lever you are referring to works the way you described. In the forward position a "clicking" sound can be heard as this is the normal position and does not allow you to back-reel. The level in the back position doesn't produce a clicking sound as this position allows you to "back-reel". The handle will turn in reverse in this position.

I have some older G-80's that I have removed the lever and the clicker as I was rarely back-reel and find the clicking annoying.