Kast King Speed Demon 9.3:1 Amazon

• Global Moderator
10 hours ago, jtharris3 said:

I ordered one. It will be my first KK reel. I'm usually a Lews and Shimano guy.

Make sure to check that the drag washers are correctly installed. They had a problem with them being installed wrong for awhile, maybe it's been corrected now though. Mine weren't right and the drag was not nearly as strong as it should have been. It's an easy fix and made a huge difference for mine. 

How they were when I took the reel apart.

No automatic alt text available.

How they should look.

I didn't buy a Speed Demon, waiting on the new one to come out. I did buy a new Sharky III 2000 for $36.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Make sure to check that the drag washers are correctly installed. They had a problem with them being installed wrong for awhile, maybe it's been corrected now though. Mine weren't right and the drag was not nearly as strong as it should have been. It's an easy fix and made a huge difference for mine. 

How they were when I took the reel apart.

How they should look.

I didn't buy a Speed Demon, waiting on the new one to come out. I did buy a new Sharky III 2000 for $36.

Thanks for the heads up.

I received the reel today. At first inspection, the reel is a nice looking reel. It feels well put together. Very smooth. I’m pairing it up with a 7’ MH Carbonlite 2.0 rod for frogging! As an added bonus, BP had the Carbonlites on sale for $99 this weekend.

• Like 1

I didn't like mine at all had problems with big fish the gears grind when fighting fish. Then the reel seat broke made of cheap plastic is sent it back for the warranty and never geard from kast king after that. I'll stick with paying more and getting quality. Just experience with KK.