Riazuli

Anything to condition EVA foam rod handles?

Hey everyone, I'm conditioning the cork on all my rods, and it doesn't seem like it would be a good idea to use this stuff on the foam parts of some of my handles as the cork sealer is pretty thick... Would KVD line and lure conditioner be a good conditioner for foam handles?  What do you all use? 

2 hours ago, Tywithay said:

EVA is a closed cell foam, therefore it's not permeable. 

I went ahead and just used a little KVD line and lure conditioner - it soaked in a little (at least at the surface), which I'm content with.  

Good luck with trying products intended to soften line (a plastic material) on EVA (a plastic material).  Why do you want to "condition" it?  All they need is a soap and water wash now and then.  IMO

• Like 1

Been using them for years. Clean em with some alcohol on a wash cloth every year or two and they'll be fine!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MickD said:

Good luck with trying products intended to soften line (a plastic material) on EVA (a plastic material).  Why do you want to "condition" it?  All they need is a soap and water wash now and then.  IMO

Kvd LLC doesn't soften line, but rather bonds throughout and on it to form a protective water resistant layer.  It's actually intended to use for pretty much all parts of rod, reel (not for lubrication but outside protection), and line.  It seemed to work really well with the Eva foam handles I put it on.  

1 hour ago, Shimano_1 said:

Been using them for years. Clean em with some alcohol on a wash cloth every year or two and they'll be fine!

I plan to do that.  I was thinking more along the lines of conditioning/protecting it.  I think the KVD LLC fits the bill perfectly. 

I just splash a little water on mine to clean anything off of them, but rarely even have to do that. 

• Like 1