FoulHooked

Battery ? Amp hrs vs Reserve Capacity

Looking to replace my tm batteries. I run a 24v 71lb thrust Mg on a 09 Triton 18hp. Not looki g to break the bank with batteries because i also need a new onboard charger. Can someone give me a quick rundown in the difference between amp hours and reserve capacity. Some batteries have RC listed while others have amp hours. Whats the truest listing to look at?

Screenshot_20180625-115700_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180625-115717_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180625-115737_Gallery.jpg

I look at reserve capacity over Amp hours @ 1 amp.  You pull a lot more than one amp when trolling so this is not a very meaningful metric.  Reserve capacity which is the number of minutes the battery can stay about 10.5V at a 25 amp discharge.  That's a more realistic test for performance as a TM battery.

16 hours ago, Tennessee Boy said:

I look at reserve capacity over Amp hours @ 1 amp.  You pull a lot more than one amp when trolling so this is not a very meaningful metric.  Reserve capacity which is the number of minutes the battery can stay about 10.5V at a 25 amp discharge.  That's a more realistic test for performance as a TM battery.

Yeah most batteries are listed amp hours @ 10 or 20 amps. Dont know why these are 1 amp. 

Look at RC.  Get the largest number you can afford.  180 or more.  200 if you can.

I always thought you looked at RC for a cranker, and AH for a deep cycle.  Is that wrong?

• Like 2