Jump to content
EGbassing

Best finesse rod under $100

Recommended Posts

About to buy a spinning rod for finesse bass fishing (ned rig, dropshot, wacky rig, etc.) but I just can't decide on a rod. I'm leaning towards the shimano clarus, but I want to make sure there's nothing better for the price before buying it. As long as it has the same handle style as the clarus I'll consider it. It also has to come in a ML/F. Thanks in advance for any good recommendations. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Follow the link above, or get a Dobyns fury during one of the July 4 sales and it will be under $100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, evilcatfish said:

Follow the link above, or get a Dobyns fury during one of the July 4 sales and it will be under $100

Thanks. That Dobyns Fury looks nice. Where do they have it on sale during the 4th? Tackle warehouse? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EGbassing said:

Thanks. That Dobyns Fury looks nice. Where do they have it on sale during the 4th? Tackle warehouse? 

Tackle Warehouse, Probably Monster, the place in Tennessee, others. Seems most places have a sale of some sort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, evilcatfish said:

Tackle Warehouse, Probably Monster, the place in Tennessee, others. Seems most places have a sale of some sort

Thanks. I'll probably with TW if they have a sale. Do you have any of the Fury rods? If so, do they seem heavier than the rating? Looks like they're generally a lot heavier than the rod power rating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, EGbassing said:

Thanks. I'll probably with TW if they have a sale. Do you have any of the Fury rods? If so, do they seem heavier than the rating? Looks like they're generally a lot heavier than the rod power rating.

It's the exacting opposite of what you said. Dobyns run about a half power lighter than what is listed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CroakHunter said:

It's the exacting opposite of what you said. Dobyns run about a half power lighter than what is listed. 

Oh. So do you think the M/F would be a better option for dropshot/ned rigs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, EGbassing said:

Oh. So do you think the M/F would be a better option for dropshot/ned rigs? 

702 is what i would use if I used spinning gear for dropshot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×