Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Would anyone recommend a demon dock rod (and reel)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Demon Dock. Nice little rod for panfish and small trout. I paired it with a 1000 size reel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought one for my son for his first rod and reel, the spinning version. The rod is dang near unbreakable, which is exactly what I was looking for when buying a rod for a 2 year old, (that and cheap). The reel was pretty decent really. I used it for playing with our Golden Retriever during the winter too much and wore it out and now it has a 20 size President on it instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you know how well it works with bass and stocked trout?

19 minutes ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I bought one for my son for his first rod and reel, the spinning version. The rod is dang near unbreakable, which is exactly what I was looking for when buying a rod for a 2 year old, (that and cheap). The reel was pretty decent really. I used it for playing with our Golden Retriever during the winter too much and wore it out and now it has a 20 size President on it instead. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I landed a 4lb catfish on it without any problems. It's handled me hauling as hard as the 4lb test will let me with our 75lb dog on the other end. I wouldn't want to use it as a regular use rod because it's awkward with it being so short, but it would work in a pinch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I landed a 4lb catfish on it without any problems. It's handled me hauling as hard as the 4lb test will let me with our 75lb dog on the other end. I wouldn't want to use it as a regular use rod because it's awkward with it being so short, but it would work in a pinch. 

Is it hard to cast with it being so short?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mottel said:

Is it hard to cast with it being so short?

Distance suffers greatly, but it still cast fairly well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×