ChrisD46

New Duo Realis 4" V-Tail Shad ?

I saw the above soft plastic shad in a web article + saw it on TW where by a guy used it as a chatter bait trailer (4" version)  - although it appears to work in other applications as well such as jig head , drop shot , etc.   ... Anyone tried this soft plastic Japanese shad ? Your impressions ?

Jighead and Dropshot.   Works, but no better than any other "minnowy" plastic for those two applications.

I am mainly intrigued with the bait as a chatter bait trailer , spinner bait trailer and a bare jig head (where I don't want as much action as a boot tail swim bait) .

I'm thinking of using it as a spinnerbait and chatterbait trailer myself. I usually fish a paddle tail on those but sometimes I feel it becomes "too much" and a "dead" action trailer like this (where action is imparted by the bait or angler rather than the shape of the trailer) might do better. 

I am sure it will work just like a lot of other baits. Lately my chatterbait trailer is a Owner JR minnow which is similar to what you are talking about.

Allen

I have the 3" I have been using on the drop shot. The tail is thin and fragile. 2 baits used only 1 fish, that is a bad ratio in my book.

I got a couple packs to try. I intended to use them as chatterbait trailers but they tail doesn't move as much as I would have liked, acts more like a fluke (the 4 inch one). The smaller 3 inch one seems like a good drop shot or ball head jig bait. Not sure I will get any more though. Like I said more like a split tail fluke IMO.