Alright, I know i’ve posted this problem earlier but now the situation is a little different. For you guys who haven’t read my previous post, the problem is that the first three inches of the rod broke off as well as the second guide down. However, I have managed to find the broken piece. It still includes the tip top guide.Would this make it any easier or cheaper to repair? Any help will be appreciated.

FBFB0BC7-5BAC-477F-B76D-ED88AE18E210.jpeg

Edit: BTW this is a Dobyns Fury rod. 7,3 Medium Heavy.

Having that end piece is very good news.  A good rod-builder, or even one who is not experienced, can fix this rod so that its action change with the repair will be essentially not detectable.  Follow the instructions in the link.  Only an external sleeve should be needed for this one, and while glass is best, graphite will work almost as well.  The lower the modulus the better.

https://www.rodbuilding.org/library/repair-oquinn.html

5 hours ago, MickD said:

Having that end piece is very good news.  A good rod-builder, or even one who is not experienced, can fix this rod so that its action change with the repair will be essentially not detectable.  Follow the instructions in the link.  Only an external sleeve should be needed for this one, and while glass is best, graphite will work almost as well.  The lower the modulus the better.

https://www.rodbuilding.org/library/repair-oquinn.html

The guide that is in between the tip top and the third one is still missing. Any tips on how to fix that?

Buy another guide and wrap it on the appropriate location. 

• Like 1