Chance_Taker4

Plueger Patriarch/Revo STX/Revo Rocket One in the same?

So I am in the market for a spinning reel. I have been intrigued by the Pflueger Patriarch so I asked a couple people I know that fish Pure Fishing products their take and was told that the Patriarch is one in the same of the Revo STX and Revo Rocket. They told me to just save my money and buy the STX and Rocket from ebay for $150 and be done with it. Now I know that they are all Pure Fishing products and are produced in the same factory. They do share similarities in looks but I cannot find where their features and construction are similar. So my questions are, are they one in the same? Also should I just go the cheaper route and get the STX or Rocket over the Patriarch.

2 hours ago, Chance_Taker4 said:

They do share similarities in looks but I cannot find where their features and construction are similar. 

They aren't... different gear ratios; different bearing counts; different body,stem and rotor material.

• Thanks 1

The pfluegers dont seem to have the rust issues with the one way clutch/anti reverses that the abus have. Also the pfluegers seem slightly smoother in my hand- though the most current gen of abus may be better.

• Like 1

I have one STX spinning reel and a whole, big, bunch of Pfluegers.  I have Presidents all the way up to a Patriarch XT I got 50% off when Gander Mountain went out of business.  I fish my Supreme XTs the most and I'll pick a Pflueger over my XT 99% of the time.  They're light, smooth, and bullet proof.  Even my oldest Presidents perform flawlessly with never been disassembled for cleaning/maintenance.

My advice is to handle all the models you're interested in and mount them to your rod if possible.

At the price point your looking at, you're going to get a high quality reel no matter what brand you end up with.  

Good luck.

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't get any of the ones you listed and get a Daiwa Tatula lt off eBay instead.