Ksam1234

Kayak/canoe camera or camera mount

Wondering if anyone has any good idea for a camera mount or a way to get good pics while fishing from a kayak or canoe? I can usually just get a one handed hold on the fish while holding my phone to take a pic but it never does justice for the beauty of the catch.  Looking for a mount or some way to get get pics hands free .. ya know so I can Long arm those dinks hah

I have a mount that fits on my kayak, it mounts on the accessory tracks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I have a mount that fits on my kayak, it mounts on the accessory tracks.

I Have a 15 ft old town canoe , you think it could be mounted on that? What kind of mount is it and where did you get one. 

4 minutes ago, Ksam1234 said:

I Have a 15 ft old town canoe , you think it could be mounted on that? What kind of mount is it and where did you get one. 

I believe it's a Railblazer mount, I think it would mount on a canoe pretty easy. There's tons of different mounting options for those camera arms. 

• Like 2

I use the YakAttack Panfish and Panfish Portrait mounts. They provide unlimited camera angle adjustments, however, you have to loosen and tighten Ram knobs to change angles and that can be a challenge on the fly. On top of that, I'm not sure if YakAttack still makes them. The Railblaza system is a much better mount, IMO,  because you can easily move the arm to get different angles.

349.JPG

350.JPG

• Like 1

Dang @Bluebasser86, you're quiet the yaker! I just visited your channel and watched "Kayak bass fishing Kansas 5/26/2016." Nice, good footage. I use to post on YT, but now I just download to the flash drives for the kids/grandkids. When you going to invite me and the Big Game?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harold Scoggins said:

Dang @Bluebasser86, you're quiet the yaker! I just visited your channel and watched "Kayak bass fishing Kansas 5/26/2016." Nice, good footage. I use to post on YT, but now I just download to the flash drives for the kids/grandkids. When you going to invite me and the Big Game?

I always welcome any member who wants to come experience some bad fishing with me 😄

I really want to chase these guys in my kayak more next year 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I always welcome any member who wants to come experience some bad fishing with me 😄

I might take you up on that this spring when I head up to Illinois, detour through Kansas.

• Like 1