Jump to content
Brendan Roll

Question For Lews Fans

Recommended Posts

Is the Tournament MB and the Tournament Pro the same size? Follow up question (kind of), how do you like them compared to each other.

Also, any reviews on Lews Team Pro Magnesium Speed Spool?

 

Thank you for your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both are "100" size reels

 

It would be a coin toss as to which I would prefer.

 

I wouldn't own anything with magnesium!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one of each.  Per Catt, they are the same size.  No difference in handling.  Both good reels for the money.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just went to Tackle Warehouse ... advertising the Team Pro Magnesium for $159.99. Yup! And it’s normally $279.99. Might want to check. That’s an unbelievable price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brendan Roll said:

Is the Tournament MB and the Tournament Pro the same size? Follow up question (kind of), how do you like them compared to each other.

Also, any reviews on Lews Team Pro Magnesium Speed Spool?

 

Thank you for your time.

You can’t go wrong with a tournaments pro! I own 2 (the model before the g and the newest 2019 model). I would 100% take another tournament pro over the magnesium.  My buddy has a pro mag and don’t get me wrong it is nice, but the tournament pros just seem more durable and honestly higher quality if you ask me. That’s just my .02 tho, they are both great reels!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't go wrong with the pro g, its a great reel. The new model with those new grips looks great, I'd prefer those grips over the older model but that's just me. You would be able to get the older model cheaper though obviously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigBass'n_Harrison said:

You can't go wrong with the pro g, its a great reel. The new model with those new grips looks great, I'd prefer those grips over the older model but that's just me. You would be able to get the older model cheaper though obviously. 

I found the new model on eBay for $130 but it was all complicated because apperently it was bought from bass pro with a stolen credit card and shipped to me... well anyways bass pro took the loss and let me keep it so I got the new tournament pro for $130.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ratherbfishin1 said:

I found the new model on eBay for $130 but it was all complicated because apperently it was bought from bass pro with a stolen credit card and shipped to me... well anyways bass pro took the loss and let me keep it so I got the new tournament pro for $130.

I just bought my third Pro G from TW on black Friday.  I think it was $135!  Favorite reel by far. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Catt said:

Both are "100" size reels

 

It would be a coin toss as to which I would prefer.

 

I wouldn't own anything with magnesium!

I know the basic mechanics of a baitcaster but I don't have much experience with them. With that  being said I have no idea how a magnesium reel preforms. What about the magnesium is bad. Thank you for the relply by the way. Thanks.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magnesium reels don't do well in saltwater, or some other corrosive environments that won't effect you, or other reels with a little care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brendan Roll said:

I know the basic mechanics of a baitcaster but I don't have much experience with them. With that  being said I have no idea how a magnesium reel preforms. What about the magnesium is bad. Thank you for the relply by the way. Thanks.

 

 

The problem with magnesium is once it starts to "corrode" it is vertically impossible to stop it without removing metal.

 

Magnesium is fine as long as you do not scratch the protective coating.

 

What people fail to understand is saltwater is not required for corrosion to occur.

 

It's a chance I refuse to take!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Catt said:

The problem with magnesium is once it starts to "corrode" it is vertically impossible to stop it without removing metal.

How about if you place it horizontal??  

 

Sorry, I couldn't help myself, Catt.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Big Rick said:

How about if you place it horizontal??  

 

Sorry, I couldn't help myself, Catt.....

 

Love spell check 😠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing forum

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×