I bought a 1987 Bass Tracker Tournament TX-17 and want to know where to find parts for it. In specific, the plate that the throttle control mounts to. The place I got it from had installed a different engine than it originally had for some reason. The plate that it has now is awful. It's attached to the inside and top of the gunwale. I have looked the internet over and can't find anything other than parts for new boats.

Check greatlakesskipper. They carry a lot of oddball stuff

No luck on the bracket, if it actually had one. I think the control mounted to the side panel on the boat. There is a wall with about 1 1/2" clearance and has some foam inside. This wall is where I think the original was attached. I have ample wire and control cables that I think I can simply discard the bracket and mount it that way. I hit my hip on the bracket the other day and it almost made me curse in 3 languages...all at once. 

So we actually had some great weather today. I decided to go ahead and build a new bracket for the throttle control. The awful looking behemoth of a bracket had to go. I have not finalized the material but have built one from 3/32" aluminum sheet. If the sheet proves to be too flimsy, which I don't think it will, then I will use some 1/8" stainless plate. I can't upload photos from my phone as the file size limit is so small but will link to my google photos if it will work. You can see in the first photo that they screwed the bracket into the gunwale. I absolutely cannot stand that. I cringe when I see it. I don't know how the original control was mounted so I improvised with the aluminum sheet by creating mounting surfaces on the lower lip and on the upper horizontal part. The control will mount to the vertical surface.

FYI: From what I can gather, this is a mid '90s model 3000 series Quicksilver control for Mercury engines. It's connected to a force 40hp. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rDPd8FBEHq8zNkAC8

iboats website 😉

I have added photos of the finished throttle mount to my album. I think it turned out very well. I'm even more happy that I won't ram my hip bone against the corner of that eyesore of a bracket any more. I used the original bolts to attach the throttle to the bracket and used #10 stainless sheet metal screws to attach it to the boat. The bracket was formed from 1/8" stainless plate.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rDPd8FBEHq8zNkAC8

• Like 1

Looks like you did a pretty good job there,  Problem solved.