Jump to content
JoeyT

Shimano Curado Spinning Rod Help

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, I’m looking at this rod in a 7’1” med hvy fast action. I’d like a med action but this actions is available at almost half the price. Anyone use this specific action? Is it a true med hvy or is it a little softer. I’m looking at it for weightless/light weighted wacky set up. 

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't speak to the MH but i do own the 6'10" MXF and I use it almost exclusively for weightless soft plastics and it does a great job.  It has enough backbone for getting a good hookset and it seems to be in line with other M weight rods I have owned with the exception of mojo bass rods which always seemed to be heavy for their rating to me.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 5:51 PM, JoeyT said:

Hey guys, I’m looking at this rod in a 7’1” med hvy fast action. I’d like a med action but this actions is available at almost half the price. Anyone use this specific action? Is it a true med hvy or is it a little softer. I’m looking at it for weightless/light weighted wacky set up. 

 

Thanks

I can't speak on that specific rod. But I do have a 7'2" med/heavy fast Curado casting rod. And it's definitely a med/heavy action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That rod would be perfect for heavier tubes (3/8 and over total weight)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the 6’10” ML/XF and it’s quickly becoming one of my favorite rods. I never used spinning gear that much until I got this rod, very very nice rod for the price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 6:55 AM, ItsHardwick said:

I have the 6’10” ML/XF and it’s quickly becoming one of my favorite rods. I never used spinning gear that much until I got this rod, very very nice rod for the price. 

What techniques are you using it for? I picked up the same rod and I love it for ned rigs. But haven't had a chance to try it out for anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joshua van Wyk said:

What techniques are you using it for? I picked up the same rod and I love it for ned rigs. But haven't had a chance to try it out for anything else.

 

Its amazing for Ned rigs, that’s the majority of what I’ve used it for so far. I’ve only had it a couple months and the weather hasn’t been very cooperative lately. I’ve also thrown some micro jigs on it, and grubs on a light ballhead. I was thinking about maybe trying a light split shot rig tomorrow if the weather does what it’s supposed to. 

 

I have it paired with a 2000 size Daiwa Exist I got off the tackle warehouse Christmas sale for like half price. Great combo, silky smooth, and super fun when these guys choke it and start peeling drag!

084A9CFB-3247-4854-87CF-E103864A3A15.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2019 at 2:16 AM, ItsHardwick said:

 

Its amazing for Ned rigs, that’s the majority of what I’ve used it for so far. I’ve only had it a couple months and the weather hasn’t been very cooperative lately. I’ve also thrown some micro jigs on it, and grubs on a light ballhead. I was thinking about maybe trying a light split shot rig tomorrow if the weather does what it’s supposed to. 

 

I have it paired with a 2000 size Daiwa Exist I got off the tackle warehouse Christmas sale for like half price. Great combo, silky smooth, and super fun when these guys choke it and start peeling drag!

084A9CFB-3247-4854-87CF-E103864A3A15.png

My experience has been the same. the rod feels tip heavy when I handle it at home but I barely notice it when I'm fishing. Have you tried using it for wacky rigged senkos? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×