Spankey

Savage ducks and mice

A friend gave me some Savage ducks and mice. It might be interesting to mix these in every once and awhile. He's not a fisherman, someone I help out every once and awhile and never take any money from. A bait that I would never really buy for myself. Have not yet at least. He thought they were creative. Well I have to hook something with them now. I'm thinking Musky. Maybe Brown fish, maybe Mr. Greenjeans?????? 

Have you ever done anything with a duck or mouse?

Are they the ploppers or the hollow bodies?

3 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Are they the ploppers or the hollow bodies?

The mice are hollow body like a frog. The duck I didn’t take out of the package yet. Duck seems a bit corny. The mice I’ll fish like a frog. They are not blunt, sort of pointed so they should walk easily. They claim they are a walking bait on the package. 1/2 oz., 1/4 oz. in three colors. I’ll squeeze them in somewhere along the line. Before today I don’t recall hearing of Savage Gear. Or just never paid attention to it. 

I have the hollow body mice, they're a good walking bait that gets bit good. I have both the plopping suicide duck and the hollow body "fruck". I think the suicide duck was built more with pike in mind but bass with definitely hit them too. I did pretty well with the fruck last year. Savage Gear makes great bait, especially affordably priced swimbaits. 

• Like 1

I have been doing more frogging the last two years than I done my whole life. This season I'm going to teach myself to punch fish correctly. I have a new home waters so to say. Mother Nature beat up my old river home for the last 40+ years with rains and silting for the last few years. It will come back around sometime. Lake bassing has been real fun. 

The 1/4 oz. mice are gonna be tough to cast with casting gear. The 1/2 oz. ones will be fine. That duckling may be used on the river for Musky. 

Fish catching ability aside, come on, it so funny to cast these things with a partner.

The Fruck - it works, I highly doubt the bass see this thing as a duck though. It is more like a frog but looks way cooler in the water.

The Mice - have never seen a mice swimming through where I fish but have caught some dinks on this thing. Again, super cool in the water.

The Suicide Duck - since you didn't mention what duck you were asking about, I love this thing! Had to buy another one as I was too buys laughing at my partner's face when he saw what I was throwing and didn't notice the northern or muskie that inhaled this thing and cut my line instantly when I was reeling it in. Top down my favorite lure if it never catches another fish in my lifetime. I am going to guess after I get this thing Savage Gear 3D snake it will tie with the suicide duck as the funnest lures I own.

I have started to give out these really crappy duck lures as gifts cause they so cheap and the receiver's reaction to em are priceless.

12 hours ago, HenryPF said:

Fish catching ability aside, come on, it so funny to cast these things with a partner.

The Fruck - it works, I highly doubt the bass see this thing as a duck though. It is more like a frog but looks way cooler in the water.

The Mice - have never seen a mice swimming through where I fish but have caught some dinks on this thing. Again, super cool in the water.

The Suicide Duck - since you didn't mention what duck you were asking about, I love this thing! Had to buy another one as I was too buys laughing at my partner's face when he saw what I was throwing and didn't notice the northern or muskie that inhaled this thing and cut my line instantly when I was reeling it in. Top down my favorite lure if it never catches another fish in my lifetime. I am going to guess after I get this thing Savage Gear 3D snake it will tie with the suicide duck as the funnest lures I own.

I have started to give out these really crappy duck lures as gifts cause they so cheap and the receiver's reaction to em are priceless.

No Fruck, it’s the Suicide Duck. I’ll watch a few You Tubes on it and get a bit pshyked on using it. Hope it a Musky slayer.