Got an amazing deal on a BNIB T3 Ballistic last year. Finally got it opened up, cleaned, replaced bushings with bearings, the whole deal, etc. Took it out Sunday to throw around on my new Ardito med travel rod. 

Got a Rays diy BFS spool from an awesome member here last year, and wanted to try it out. Found a few spools of Gliss in 8 and 12 lb from Wal-Mart on sale for $3.50 a spool, so I picked them up and spooled it with the 12. Read A-jays thread from a while back on this line, and honestly think it might be too thin. Anyways, I've never been too much of a finesse fisherman, usually 1/4oz is as low as I go. 

Well, it was too windy to throw the rays spool, especially for the first time, so luckily I brought my MX spool with 12lb big game. Ended up catching a nice 14" bass on a 3/8 red black chatterbait, first of the year. 

So my question is; have any of you guys/gals used these spools (left to right: rays bfs, sv103, tdz 103 gigas) in the T3 platform and what do you think? By the way, I have two R+ springs that have not been installed yet. Which spools would benefit from this, and what is your experience? 

I have 3 med rods, a 7' Carbonlite 2.0,  7' Cronos, and aforementioned 7' Ardito. Plenty of different MH rods. 

My smaller diameter line right now consists of: Gliss-8 and 12lb, trilene xt-6lb, big game-8 and 12lb, power pro 30lbs Thanks. 

rsz_20190326_165033.jpg

I've used all the spools except ray's. Don't have a Ballistic anymore (thankfully) but do have a T31016. Have an r+ spool in it at the moment. The only good thing I can say about it is Magforce 3d is an awesome braking system and an r+ spool in these reels really opens it up. I've repaired more T3 parts since owning them than any reel. Once this one breaks, again, it's turning into a paper weight. 

SV103 spool will benefit from a stiffer spring. The downside is the spool doesn’t fit properly in a T3 unless you remove the metal shim under the bearing on the palm plate. It has zero wiggle room because the spool shaft is slightly longer. Even with the cast cap removed, the spool has no side to side play unless you take it out. 

Never owned a ballistic but I did have the orange and black jdm T3 sv 8:1.  Those were my findings when trying to run that spool. So I sold it off quickly. 

I have an MX with a 1016 spool. That thing flat out bombs lures. Looks like I have a bunch of testing out to do.

Thanks guys.