Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have three rods setup right now. On my Crankbait rod I have Revo Winch 2gen 5.4:1 I think 22 IPT. On my worm and jig rod I have a Revo SX 3gen 6.4:1 26 IPT,  and on my frog rod I have a KK Speed demon pro 9.3:1 35.2 IPT. Here is my issue I came across a great condition Revo MGXtreme 7.1:1 28 IPT for $200 so I picked it up. What should I do with it? Change out one of my reels with it? Use it for a different technique (if so what one)?  Please help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put the 6 speed on your cranking rod, the 9 speed on your jig rod, the 7 speed on your frog rod.  Sell the 5 speed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LionHeart said:

Put the 6 speed on your cranking rod, the 9 speed on your jig rod, the 7 speed on your frog rod.  Sell the 5 speed.

Or keep it for deep divers in a future setup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep it and put together a general purpose setup.  Sometimes good to have a rod and reel that will get the job done, no matter what you want to through.  

 

Also, I try not get caught up in how fast a reel is anymore.  I find that I tend to pay attention to how the reel feels and how fast I need to crank it to get that desired feel.   Each reel is a little different that respect. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FishTank said:

Keep it and put together a general purpose setup.  Sometimes good to have a rod and reel that will get the job done, no matter what you want to through.  

 

Also, I try not get caught up in how fast a reel is anymore.  I find that I tend to pay attention to how the reel feels and how fast I need to crank it to get that desired feel.   Each reel is a little different that respect. 

Fish tank what type of rod would you recommend as far as M F, MH M?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking of putting the SX on a spinning lure rod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Redlazer said:

Fish tank what type of rod would you recommend as far as M F, MH M?

For me, I like a MH Fast for a general purpose rod but it depends on what you through the most.  It also depends on the rod too.  In the St. Croix Avid line, they tend to be one power heavier than most other rods.  I would put the rod in your hands and check it out for yourself.  You may find a M Fast may work just fine.  I think the 7' M Fast Avid is great for jerk baits and weightless soft plastic and the 7' MH Fast is great for T-Rigged senkos with a 1/8 oz - 3/16oz bullet weight or medium sized jigs.  The 7' M Fast seems to have a softer tip and the MH is, overall, a stiffer rod. 

 

I am not big on Moderate rods unless it is for crankbaits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...