Harold Scoggins

EVERGREEN INTERNATIONAL BREAM SLIDE

I received a couple of Evergreen International Bream Slide baits as part of a JDM order yesterday. Ever since Jackall introduced their Gantarel swimbait, I’ve been getting into these bluegill-sized swim/slide baits. I’ve experienced good results with the Gantarel, especially with the smaller Gantarel Jr. As soon as my source for JDM lures finally stocked the Evergreen Bream Slide, I made plans to include a couple with one of my orders from Japan. My first impression with this bait is that it is very well built and finished. The bait comes packed in your standard clear plastic box with a hard foam insert, with feathered hooks detached. The photo finish is very similar to the Gantarel; however, the clear coat finish appears to be better. I’m not sure what brand hooks are used, but they seem to very strong and extremely sharp. The Bream Slide is comparable in size with the Gantarel. Unlike the Gantarel, the Bream Slide’s pectoral, pelvic, and caudal fins are made of a soft rubber material. There is an added bonus of the included Decoy Egg Snap; something I think should come with every swim/glide bait. It will be 3-4 weeks before I throw any swim/glide baits when I make a trek to the eastern side of the state, and I am anxious to see how this bait performs.

669 (2).jpg

670 (2).jpg

672 (2).jpg

673 (2).jpg

674 (2).jpg

675 (2).jpg

• Like 2

Thank you for the initial review and great pics... really looking forward to hearing your on the water reports.

Pretty bait. I can't get them to eat gill swimbaits to save my life here or I'd have to check it out.