Jump to content
Jonny15678

Tungsten weight

Recommended Posts

What are some good tugsten weights to use for pitching into grass Matt’s, don’t want to buy a bunch of weights since they are pricey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending on how thick they are you can go to Woo Tungsten and get their "Heavy" pack it contains 5 weights that very in weight from 1oz to 2oz. If they are not thick like the ones I fish normally I use 3/8 to 3/4 oz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Chance_Taker4 said:

Depending on how thick they are you can go to Woo Tungsten and get their "Heavy" pack it contains 5 weights that very in weight from 1oz to 2oz. If they are not thick like the ones I fish normally I use 3/8 to 3/4 oz.

I can’t go up to high in weight my rod is only rated up to 1oz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jonny15678 said:

I can’t go up to high in weight my rod is only rated up to 1oz

I would start with 1/2oz and see if it is heavy enough to punch through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jonny15678 said:

I can’t go up to high in weight my rod is only rated up to 1oz

Punching does not load your rod the same way and going higher will not hurt anything.  Power casting a swimbait while overloading a rod is different completely.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Angry John said:

Punching does not load your rod the same way and going higher will not hurt anything.  Power casting a swimbait while overloading a rod is different completely.  

Good to know thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing poles

    fishing poles

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...