Vaerion

Spinning rod (2pc) suggestions

Hi! I'm new to the forum and relatively to fishing as well. I'm looking for a new rod to pair with a stradic ci4+ 2500 and would appreciate any advice or suggestions.

I typically fish at lakes from shore and use mostly floating lures (rapala floaters) and crankbaits. I'm planning on trying out senkos and chatterbaits in the near future.

My main requisite is that it must be a 2 piece rod. I'm looking for a medium rod that is below $200 (ideally around $150).

From what I've read, the Avid seems to be really popular and the Zodias as well. I can't seem to find a 2pc medium rod for the Zodias even if I were to import it from Japan.

Thanks in advance!

52 minutes ago, Vaerion said:

Hi! I'm new to the forum and relatively to fishing as well. I'm looking for a new rod to pair with a stradic ci4+ 2500 and would appreciate any advice or suggestions.

I typically fish at lakes from shore and use mostly floating lures (rapala floaters) and crankbaits. I'm planning on trying out senkos and chatterbaits in the near future.

My main requisite is that it must be a 2 piece rod. I'm looking for a medium rod that is below $200 (ideally around $150).

From what I've read, the Avid seems to be really popular and the Zodias as well. I can't seem to find a 2pc medium rod for the Zodias even if I were to import it from Japan.

Thanks in advance!

Fenwick Elite Tech Bass, Fenwick Aetos can also be found in 2 pieces models...

St Croix has the avid or mojo in two piece. Hard to do it all with one rod but there medium is pretty stout. 

Fenwick and Abu Garcia also make stout medium rods. I recently bought some Bass Pro Shop Carbonlite 2.0 rods that are nice, I Beleive they have two piece models as well. 

I'm mainly concerned about the balance of the Mojo as someone mentioned it on a forum that it didn't balance well with his 2500. I'll swing by TW to take a look over the weekend, thanks for all the suggestions!

The bps carbonlite 2.0 comes in a two piece medium. They come in at $120. I really like them thinking about getting a third one. 

Had a great deal on Scheels with the Fenwick Aetos and got that. Thanks for all the suggestions!

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 1:40 PM, Vaerion said:

Had a great deal on Scheels with the Fenwick Aetos and got that. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Let us know how it did 👍 Own a few Aetos and they are, by far, my favorites !