Sign in to follow this  
zam

should I buy one or two new deep cells?

Hey every body ;D

I was wondering what you all think. I bought two new batteries for my trolling motor 2 and half years ago. one of them just went bad because a wire from the charger came off of it and totally drained it. what I was wondering was, can I get away with just buying one battery or is it better two start fresh with two new ones??

Thanks for any replies!!

I was under the impression from reading my owners manual on my charger that both needed to be the same age, or close.  I don't know much about it though.  Hope to hear some replies from someone that has more knowledge than I do.

You are only as good as your worst battery.  2 1/2 years old, I'd buy 2 and feel secure instead of wondering what will happen every time I go out.

Be sure to get large 185-200 reserve amp deep cycle batteries.

Thanks for the replies!! I think my battery may be O.K.

yesterday I charged it and the battery got Hot and it looked like it swelled up some, but today it is still at full charge, but I noticed that its low on water, I may just add some water and hopefully it will be alright

I have a 24 volt trolling motor and for a year and a half I had one 2 year old battery and one 4 year old battery. I had to buy two new ones this year though. they were different sized batteries too. one was a trojan scs225 the other was a scs150 it seemed to work fine for me.

I have a 24 volt trolling motor and for a year and a half I had one 2 year old battery and one 4 year old battery. I had to buy two new ones this year though. they were different sized batteries too. one was a trojan scs225 the other was a scs150 it seemed to work fine for me.

Contrary to what you are doing.  It is not a good idea.   The cheapest thing you can have on a fishing rig is a good battery set.