Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have a 2017 Tracker 15ft flat bottom boat with a 20hp 4 stroke Merc. I'm debating on trading it in on a used bass boat or just keep it and set it up the way I want. Any opinions? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have the room to store it, don’t need the trade value and think you might use it then keep it.

 

If it were me I would sell it to an individual instead of trading it in.  Very few places will give you full trade value.  Many will only give about 75% and some not that much and full trade value would still be lower than retail value.  

 

Good of luck with what ever you decide to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep it if you have room especially if your getting a bigger boat.

That way you can employ two boat approach on small lakes or HP restricted lakes, go with the small. Big water, bring the other one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How large are the lakes you fish in?  Are they "windy" lakes or lakes with a lot of boat traffic?  Do you fish tournaments?  Are any of the lakes you fish restricted in horsepower.  Will you ever have more than two people on the boat?  Do you have a lot of "expendable" income to play with?  Do you mind the "hit" you will take when you sell your (now) used boat?  Will you have to purchase a bigger truck or SUV to pull the new boat?  SOME small boats/motors are too much of a compromise and others are perfect-it all depends upon your personal wants and needs.

 

MY experience is this:  I have a 17.5 foot johnny with a 25 horse motor tiller-steer.  Assuming I don't have more than two people (total) aboard, it will get on plane and it will get me where I'm going in a "reasonable" fashion.  Not fast but reasonable.  One of my favorite lakes is restricted to 25 horse and another is trolling motor only.  If need be, I can take my motor off for the latter lake.  So, the motor is perfect for me 95% of the time (For the other 5%, I just live with it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only you know what type of water you are fishing.

I sold the glass boat and kept the tin one.

 

I've got no regrets as the Crestliner takes me where I need to go.

 

However, I do have a tourney partner that has Bass Cat we use for tourneys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you talking about the 1548 jon from tracker? Keep in mind that this is nothing like a bass boat. I have a 1648 setup like a bass boat - extended the deck, put in a floor, rod locker, recessed pedal, the works. It's way too tippy for me and I hate that it moves when you do - but its perfect for small waters, when I'm sitting down.

 

It moves too much for my taste, but your balance (person, not the boat) is going to be better than mine  When I think bass boats, I think massive stability and the ability to walk wherever without the thing tipping so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...