Sign in to follow this  
Strike King

Lowrance 522c

Im looking at getting a 2nd FF. I upped my buget and was looking at this model. Anybody got one? like it or hate it??

I also would like to mount the transducer inside the boat to protect it. does this lesson the effectiveness?

Im looking at getting a 2nd FF. I upped my buget and was looking at this model. Anybody got one? like it or hate it??

I also would like to mount the transducer inside the boat to protect it. does this lesson the effectiveness?

I have the 520c which is the same unit with external antenna.  The 522 is a great unit as long as you don't mount the head unit inside your dash or front panel.  Most of the time it needs to be nonflush mounted in order for the antenna to get reception.

As for mounting the xducer inside a fiberglass boat, it will decrease the sensitivity but not by enough that you will be able to notice it.  Right now they are being clearanced many places and can be bought for under $500.  I also heard that Wal-Mart on line had 520c for the same price.

Here is one of the screen shots from my 520c just to give you an idea of what you can see.

13_20_07_08_9_08_55.gif

There is a product called the alumaducer or something like that which is supposed to read through metal but the regular one aren't supposed to do that.