Sign in to follow this  
Needemp

Suffix Siege or Elite?

I posted abou tthis awhile ago on a different forum and I figured one was like Berekly XT and the other like XL, I'm not sure if this is fact but I think someone agreed with me....but that really doesn;t mean anything.

I've used both and they're good so far.

My observations are:

Siege appears to be more abrasion resistant.

Elite appears to be more limp.

Yet, if I am not mistaken they have the same line diameter and that has me a bit perplexed.

Both have great castibility and seem to resist memory better than mono from other companies.

If you are fishing heavier cover or need the abrasion resistance, then I say go with siege.  If you are facing open water (less cover) and prefer a more limp line, then go with elite.

I look forward to hearing what other have to say.

Floro goes on all my bottom bouncing reels but I use the Siege exclusively for all my mono reels. It is by far the best mono I have used and it is very abrasion resistant. I usually am banging cranks off something, fishing brush piles or docks, something that tears the line up. But I have not tried Elite yet, and was wondering how different it is. Castibility seems to be the biggest difference. Does anybody use Suffix on spinning reels?

I just put some 8 lb. Elite on my "whippy stick", Mike.  I haven't thrown it yet though.  When the water temps get down a little, I am planning on throwing a SR5 on it.  I'll let you know how it goes.

dink

I'm using 10# Siege on my sissy stick, works fine. Also using 14# on my crankbait / spinnerbait rod and 17# on my c-rig and pitchin' rod, no problems there either. Good stuff!

I fish 10# elite on my spinning set up.  It's strong, good casting distance, low memory...  I used to have siege 12# on one of my baitcasters and would fish it again if I used mono.  I haven't had the chance to really try to beat the stuff up on trees and such, so I don't know about the abrasion.  

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewsufixelite.html

here's a review by those guys.  They do have some tensile strength charts in there too.  

I've used both, and islandbass summed it up pretty well.

If you can find it get the DNA or promix line by sufix (same stuff different name), it's very very good stuff.