Sign in to follow this  
.dsaavedra.

Shimano Scimitar????

hi guys. i saw one of these rods at gander mtn the other day. i was really close to buying it. it was 7ft. mh extra fast tip. it was 30 dollars i think. because of the price....i was kinda unsure. so whats the scoop on this rod? anyone know? is it any good?

Not a bad rod for the price, better looking and with better guides than a Lightning Rod, in that rod, MH Xtra fast action it is as subtle as a pool cue.

yeah i meant to say fast. i dont think it has xfast as an option.

anyway, thanks for the info. anyone else ever used one?

I have one, it was my first BC rod I had.

I hate it, to say the least. But for the price, it's not too bad I guess. Compared to any other rod over $70 though, it's not great.

I cut mine up trying to make it a split grip for fun, turned out bad, and I don't care cause I never use it.

A shimano scimitar was my second ever casting rod, it was an awesome rod even when compared to all of my high $$$ rods I have now. I used it for everything from slinging senkos to throwing cranks and spinnerbaits, it was very sensitive for a cheap rod and served me well. I would probably still be using it had it not been stolen last year >:o

A shimano scimitar was my second ever casting rod, it was an awesome rod even when compared to all of my high $$$ rods I have now. I used it for everything from slinging senkos to throwing cranks and spinnerbaits, it was very sensitive for a cheap rod and served me well. I would probably still be using it had it not been stolen last year >:o

I can't believe how different our views on it are.. I'm amazing that you thought so highly of it.

Just goes to show you, people have very different preferences.

Mine is a 6'6 M Fast Action. I didn't mind it at first, but once I started getting more expensive rods, it went in my closet.

I can't believe how different our views on it are.. I'm amazing that you thought so highly of it.

Just goes to show you, people have very different preferences.

Mine is a 6'6 M Fast Action. I didn't mind it at first, but once I started getting more expensive rods, it went in my closet.

I have 2 Scimatars and HATE them both equally. They have no feel. I like them for Redfishing and that would be it. I would take the NEW Lightining rod over the Shimano's for the money.