Sign in to follow this  
BassHunter69

top water rod

A fast tip and a med action is all i use never had a hook up issue when a bass explodes on topwater its better for your rod to give a little cause by nature u will react anyhow and you dont want to be pullin it out before the bass can get stuck,bass are perfect for topwater baits but they do occasionally miss completly i have learned over the yrs to FEEL the bass pull before u set ur lure with more authority .9 out of ten times if u miss a bass its because he actully missed ur lure.have fun and good luck

i understand all that but what brands are used for top water in the 45 to 50 dollar rqange is what im wasking sorry i didnt make that clear

i use berkley bionix..$50 at walmart

my wife has 1 and she uses it for cranks, spinnerbaits, and jigs

that rod is pretty dang good for the price

unless u have a fishing store close bye

i got a shimano compere for $40 at cabelas a few years ago

just have to watch for sales

I have a 6' med fast pistol grip BPS Bionic blade, an old IM6 blank. They still make that rod but it's an IM8 now.  Great topwater, rat L trap, crankbait, even spinnerbaits if you wanted.

You can catch Bionic Blades on sale now and again for anywhere from $50-60.

I have a 6' med fast pistol grip BPS Bionic blade, an old IM6 blank. They still make that rod but it's an IM8 now.  Great topwater, rat L trap, crankbait, even spinnerbaits if you wanted.

The Extremes are now on sale for $65.

I have a 6' med fast pistol grip BPS Bionic blade, an old IM6 blank. They still make that rod but it's an IM8 now. Great topwater, rat L trap, crankbait, even spinnerbaits if you wanted.

hey broke bro where at?

Academy has some 50.00 Allstar and Cast A Way rods.  The 6'5" salt water wade or the 6'6" med. light rods are good for topwater.   Cast a Way also has some good 6'6 and 6'2 rods designed for saltwater wade fishing with top waters.  All of these are good for 1/4 jitter bugs, all pop Rs, and Super Spook Jr.   The salt water rods have a softer tip action.  I like this action for walk-the-dog type lures.

I am using a Stick'em 6'5"  saltwater wader for topwaters.  It has about the same action as the Gloomis MBR 782C, but a little softer tip.  They are made somewhere south of Houston, TX.  They are about 60.00 but the postage is 15.00.

I have a 6' med fast pistol grip BPS Bionic blade, an old IM6 blank. They still make that rod but it's an IM8 now. Great topwater, rat L trap, crankbait, even spinnerbaits if you wanted.

hey broke bro where at?

These are Bass Pro Shop's inhouse brands:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_59070_100002006_100000000_100002000_100-2-6